The Memphis Grizzlies have decided not to renegotiate the contracts of four assistants in preparation for a lockout. Assistants Johnny Davis, Dave Joerger, Henry Bibby and Barry Hecker all have contracts due to expire this summer, and have not talked with the team about new deals.
Precautionary measures similar to that of the Grizzlies have taken hold all over the league, as teams prepare for a possible lockout. Some organizations have provided partial pay to employees under contract. The San Antonio Spurs will give 75 percent of salaries during a lockout and pay back the other 25 percent later according to ESPN.
It’s also reported that Memphis provided head coach Lionel Hollins with a full playoff share, while assistants received only partial payment.