New Jersey rock star Jon Bon Jovi has been in negotiations with Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank in which Bon Jovi would purchase 15 percent of the NFL franchise for $150 million. Blank is among a select group of owners who have been seeking more minority partners to gain an infusion of cash that in Blank’s case will also help him realize his plans to build a new outdoor stadium in the Atlanta area. Bon Jovi was owner of the Philadelphia Soul, an Arena League team for five years from 2004-2009.
The two sides have signed a confidentiality agreement not to disclose details of negotiations but a league source pegged the financial talks based on a $1 billion valuation of the Atlanta franchise.
We come to expect the Gatorade baths at the end of every so called big game now in football and usually the head coach or a going away coordinator are the unlucky/lucky ones to receiver the sticky showers. However after the Atlanta Falcons clinched their division on Sunday the players didn’t celebrate with the traditional Gatorade target as they went ahead and spalshed owner Arthur Blank instead of head coach Mike Smith.
Billionaire Warren Buffet and Jay-Z pose on the cover of Forbes 400 which list the richest people in America that hit newsstands yesterday. After a scan of the 400, NFL owners dominated the list as far as sports owners.
- 17. Paul Allen, Seattle Seahawks, $12.7 billion
- 101. Stephen Ross, Miami Dolphins, $3.1 billion
- 136. Malcolm Glazer (and family), Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $2.6 billion
- 144. Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks, $2.5 billion
- 182. Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys, $2 billion
- 269. Robert Kraft, New England Patriots, $1.5 billion
- 290. Robert McNair, Houston Texans, $1.4 billion
- 290. Jim Irsay, Indianapolis Colts, $1.4 billion
- 332. Arthur Blank, Atlanta Falcons, $1.2 billion
- 382. Tom Benson, New Orleans Saints, $1.05 billion
- 385. Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles, $1 billion
- 385. William Ford Sr., Detroit Lions, $1 billion
- 385. Arturo Moreno, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, $1 billion
I’m curious what DeMaurice Smith thoughts are after seeing 11 NFL owners on this list, I’m sure their counterparts weren’t too far off from being named.
Well at least Samuel L Jackson isn’t really screaming in this video. Here’s a fun fact about the Atlanta Falcons as according to FanSnap, a ticket search engine for concerts and sporting events, that the Falcons are the least coveted ticket coming into the 2010 NFL season. So that might explain why Arthur Blank has hired Jackson in the promotional department.